Consultant in Paediatric Radiologist
Purpose of the role:
The Consultant Paediatric Radiologist will form part of the paediatric radiology consultant team. This group includes consultants with a broad range of sub-specialty interests including neonatal imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, neuroimaging, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, cancer imaging, body imaging, ENT imaging, chest imaging, foetal MRI and cardiac CT. It is envisaged that this post holder will have experience in, or a desire to develop expertise in, such a subspecialty area.
Principal duties and responsabilities:
• Act as Consultant Paediatric Radiologist for Children’s Health Ireland
• Liaise with Clinical Director/s and consultant colleagues and others in all matters pertaining to the efficient management of hospital services
• Encourage and support research in Paediatric Radiology either directly or in consultation
• To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures
• Participate in the paediatric radiologist Consultant on-call rota and Consultant on service rota
• Organise and participate in teaching, including undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, and conference commitments of the department and of the hospital for radiology, other medical, nursing and paramedical staff
• To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) under the Consultant’s care
• Be responsible for the recruitment, supervision and training of an assigned team of non-consultant hospital doctors, in conjunction with Consultant colleagues.
- Initial contracts of 1 year or 6 months.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 6000-7000€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions.
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants .
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
Requirements and Qualifications:
For Consultant level applications :
(a) Registration as a specialist in the Specialist Division in the speciality of radiology.
(b) Two years certified postgraduate training in paediatric radiology.
1. Very high level of English (at least B2). Preferably with experience in an English speaking country.
2. Registered with the IMC in the specialist register. We will help all candidates to do this if they are not yet registered