Consultant in General Radiology with an interest in interventional radiology
HSE Hospital in the Midlands area in Ireland | 19-06-2019A hospital in the Midlands area is searching for a Consultant Radiologist with an interest in interventional radiology to join the Radiology department.
The Hospital is a Model 3 Regional providing services in:
- Acute Medicine and Surgery
- 24 hours Emergency Medicine
- Regional Stroke Thrombolysis
- Respiratory and Sleep Medicine/Cardiology/Diabetes and Endocrinology, Gastroenterology and Medicine for Older Persons
- Critical Care and Anaesthetics
- Obstetrics including Early Pregnancy Unit/Gynaecology/SATU
- Acute Paediatrics with SCBU
- Proposed Shared Services in Neurology & Urology with Mater Hospital
- Radiology including 24hour CT Scan access
The Radiology Department is a five consultant team of Radiologists who provide a full range of radiological diagnostic services to patients from the hospital and GP referrals from the surrounding catchment areas.
Future developments of the Radiology Service in the Hospital include the provision of a state of the art MRI scanner and facility incorporating anaesthetic facilities which will provide essential imaging for both adults and children aged 5 year and over and critically ill ICU patients, who attend the Hospital.
The hospital provides a wide range of radiological services to both hospital specialties and general practitioners. Analysis of activity in line with recognised weighting systems increased activity and complexity supports the demand for additional consultant services in this unit.
What is on offer:
- Long term contract of at least 6-12 months.
- Salary in acordance with HSE payscale: gross anual basic salary of 128.085€- 150.769€ + on-calls + private practice up to 20% of your time.
- Annual Leave of 30 days/annum.
- Up to 3000€ to attend conferences and further education.
1. - The candidate should have skills in general radiology and also some basic skills in interventional radiology. The purpose of the post is the following:
- Non-invasive service, to include; plain radiographs, ultrasound scans including foetal growth scans and contrast ultrasound and screening for dysplasia/dislocated hips in infants and DVT diagnosis, CT scans including 24 hour consultant delivered regional stroke service scans and MRI scan reporting (scanner is currently located in Tullamore).
- Invasive service provided include: CT guided Lung nodule biopsy, US guided FNA thyroid nodules/cysts, insertion of drains, PICC lines and PEG tubes.
The radiologists also provide an advisory weekly MDT service in medicine, paediatrics and surgery which is integral to best practice.
2. IMC registration on the Specialist Registrar for Radiology but we will help all candidates that are NOT yet qualified to do this as long as they are qualified as a Specialist inside the European Union.
3. Irish or UK expereince preferable but not essential.
4. Very good English language skills equivalent to a C1 level.
If interested please send your CV ASAP as this job is URGENT.